GROUP FITNESS CLASSES
The Ultimate Fitness Program
The Ultimate Fitness Program is designed to succeed where all other fitness programs fail. Our high intensity INDOOR boot camp will get you to your goals faster than ever before and during the process, educate you to lifestyle changes designed to maintain and improve upon your success. The program will:
- Maximize fat loss
- Promote lean muscle gain
- Strengthen joints and ligaments while reducing risk of injury
- Provide you with specialized exercises tailored to YOUR professional and recreational lifestyles
- Educate you on effective nutritional choices
- Teach you proper strength training techniques
Fitness Program Benefits
Looking and feeling better; Living longer; Effective stress management; Positive mental attitude; Lowered cholesterol levels; Reduced risk of injury, heart problems and osteoporosis; Reduced incidence of illness; Increased energy levels…and many more!
Workouts are refreshing, yet energetic and vitalizing. The levels of training in our system can be tailored to provide workouts gentle enough for mothers-to-be or challenging enough for “superfit” professional athletes. Drawing upon the extensive range of exercises in the levels of our training system, we created individual programs that work for everyone regardless of age or physical condition.
Group Fitness Schedule
Below is a schedule of our group classes! Find a class that fits your needs and RSVP today by clicking on the call below, or by calling (623) 374-2910!
Yoga is a moving meditation meant to control the breath and still the mind as you are guided through postures or asanas meant to promote flexibility and health. Classes usually involve sequenced movement, breathing or pranayama techniques, and simple meditation. Yoga is practiced for health and relaxation.
How is yoga beneficial to your health?
Yoga not only helps you obtain a healthy body and mind, it also helps you maintain good health throughout your life. There are many benefit to participating in the practice and theory of yoga.
-Gain strength and tone your muscles
-Have more energy
-Maintain a balanced metabolism
-Increase cardio and circulatory health
-Become athletically stronger and build stamina
-Repair and protect injuries
This foundational yoga class focuses on alignment and breath while entering, holding, and exiting postures. Focusing on the basic asanas this class allows beginners to test their boundaries with their body as they learn proper alignment and control of the postures.
Yin classes focus on long (3-6 minutes) holds in postures meant to open the body and promote a flow of energy through the body. Only floor work in involved with the help of blocks, blankets and straps as you are mindfully guided through asanas. Yin is a restorative class for the mind and body.
Vinyasa means “breath synchronized movement” and is meant to connect you to the power of your breath as you are guided through a sequence of asansa that flow like almost dancing. This faster paced yoga class is meant to build strength and flexibility as you inhale and exhale through different bodily postures.
Achieve Your Fitness Goals
Do you want to get in the best shape of your life? Have you struggled for years to lose weight, tone up, get stronger, or just have more energy for life’s daily challenges? Our personal training program will allow you to break through the frustration and achieve lasting results. Our program is based on solid evidence-based scientific principles and performed by a Nationally Certified experienced personal fitness trainer. Our trainers have years of experience and a wealth of knowledge which allow them to design safe, progressive, and effective programs with one goal in mind: to help YOU achieve YOUR fitness goals! We will guide you along the path that will take you from where you are to where you want to be. We are 100% committed to ensuring that you achieve your fitness goals.
Our Personal Training Versus Bigger Health Clubs
First and foremost, our programs are safe. Did you know that over 30% of people who undergo personal training at a big health club get hurt? That is 3 out of every 10 people! Why is that?? The biggest reasons are that most trainers do not have a National Certification that establishes minimal competency, they do not have more than a few months experience as a trainer, and most importantly do not have experience with how to train older individuals who have had prior medical issues such as injuries, surgeries, or systemic illnesses. In fact, in most cases they do not even collect enough information about you to design a safe and effective program for you.
At Canyon Sports Fitness and Physical Therapy, we start with an Initial Fitness Evaluation to establish your current fitness level. At this initial session, we collect your medical history, take measurements such as blood pressure, heart rate, muscle strength, range of motion, muscle length, body fat analysis, and other tests. A Doctorate Prepared Physical Therapist then reviews your information and conducts an orthopedic joint screen to help identify anything that the trainer may want to be aware of (such as pain in a joint or restrictions in motion) when designing your program. The physical therapist and personal trainer then collaborate to design a SAFE, EFFECTIVE, and PROGRESSIVE program to help YOU achieve YOUR fitness goals. It is this professional team approach that ultimately delivers results. You will NOT find that ANYWHERE else!
Why waste your money and risk injury with ineffective programs performed by inexperienced trainers? Trust your body to experienced, knowledgeable, professionals who will not waste your time and money. Make the obvious decision and choose Canyon to achieve all your fitness goals. Make your appointment today!
Personal Trainer + Dietician = Weight Management
Pairing a personal trainer and a licensed dietician; this program will help you lose those pounds you have been previously unable to. It combines our personal training with the nutrition needed to create a long-term approach to a healthy lifestyle through complete nutritional analysis, behavior modification, and personal training to help you get in the best shape of your life! Our program does not endorse FAD diets that promote quick but ultimately temporary weight loss. Instead, we focus on helping our clients utilize tips that will keep you fuller longer and result in lasting results which retain an ideal body weight for your age, sex and height. Obesity is a risk factor for many chronic diseases such as diabetes (type 2), hypertension and cardiovascular disease. Managing your overall health is critical in preventing such chronic diseases and allows you to LIVE BETTER PLAY BETTER.…
An innovative system of exercise that dramatically transforms the way your body looks, feels, and most importantly, performs. Pilates teaches body awareness and improves flexibility, agility, and economy of motion. Pilates was evolved from techniques created by Joseph Pilates 70 years ago, and has long been the exclusive regimen of famous celebrities, top models, athletes and professional sport figures and dancers. It is a method of effortless low impact body movement as it strengthens, lengthens and creates a tone trim body while actually correcting alignment and posture.
This is a one time evaluation to talk about the basic Pilates principles and your individual needs and goals. This also gives you the chance to try Pilates and see if it is right for you!
Solo/Semi Private Session:
The focus is on strengthening the core, stretching and working the joints through their natural range of motion. This is ideal for people dealing with pain in their backs or joints. Solo and semi private sessions allow us to tailor the workout to you specific needs.You will learn how to train the body to support your back and joints and this decreases pain. Many people can tell a difference in how they feel after 3 sessions.
Consider our private pilates reformer sessions if:
- You experience moderate to high back/joint pain
- You are interested in Pilates for preparations for or rehabilitation from surgery or injury
- You are interested in a tailored Pilates program
- You are a serious dancer or athlete
- You are interested in quick implementation of Pilates principles
Group Mat Class:
Group mat class is a fun, movement oriented exercise group. We focus on working every major muscle group while explaining how an exercise should feel and what it is doing for you. Exercises include core strengthening, overall body toning and stretching.
Group Mat Class is for you if:
- Your joint/back pain is low to none
- You are looking for a challenging workout for your body and your brain
- You enjoy a group environment
- You are interested in learning Pilates principles and how to apply them to your day to day life
The Benefits of Pilates
- A refreshing mind-body workout Pilates gets your mind in tune with your body. By emphasizing power breathing, correct spinal and pelvic alignment, and complete concentration on smooth, flowing movement, you become acutely aware of how your body feels, where it is in space, and how to control its movement. The quality of movement is valued over quantity of repetitions. Proper breathing is essential and helps you to execute movements with maximum power and efficiency. Last but not least, learning to breathe properly can reduce stress.
- Build strength without “bulking up” – gain long, lean muscles and flexibility Conventional workouts tend to build short, bulky muscles – the type most prone to injury. Pilates elongates and strengthens, improving muscle elasticity and joint mobility. A body with balanced strength and flexibility is less likely to be injured.
- Develop a strong core – flat abdominals and a strong back Pilates exercises develop a strong “core”, or center of the body. The core consists of the deep abdominal muscles along with the muscles closest to the spine. Control of the core is achieved by integrating the trunk, pelvis and shoulder girdle.
- Learn efficient patterns of motion Pilates exercises train several muscle groups at once in smooth, continuous movements. By developing proper technique, you can actually re-train your body to move in safer, more efficient patterns of motion – invaluable for injury recovery, sports performance, good posture and optimal health.
- Be confident and safe No other system is so gentle to your body while giving it a challenging workout. Many of the exercises are performed in reclining or sitting positions, and most are low impact and partially weight bearing, Pilates is so safe, it is used in Canyon Physical Therapy to rehabilitate injuries.
- Be Challenged Pilates is also an extremely flexible exercise system. Modifications to the exercises allow for a range of difficulty ranging from beginning to advanced. Get the workout that best suits you now, and increase intensity as your body conditioning improves.